Thank you to everyone who attended and contributed to the 3rd European Workshop on Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring sponsored by EPRI.
Monday 17th – Tuesday 18th October 2016, London
All presentations from the NILM Workshop 2016 have been made available in-line with the agenda below. Simply click on the presentation topic to view and download that presentation.
Monday 17th October 2016
09:00 Registration & Coffee
09:30 Welcome introduction and news View presentation
10:00 Opening keynote – Chris Holmes (EPRI) View presentation
– Piotr Bilski (Warsaw University of Technology) – Method for the non-intrusive identification of multi-state appliances View presentation
– Romain Benassi (Homepulse) – Disaggregation of space water heating from real life 10 and 30-minute load curves View presentation
12:00 Lunch Break
13:15 Evaluating NILM Algorithms:
– Roberto Bonfigli (Università Politecnica delle Marche) – Performance comparison between Hidden Markov Model and Deep Neural Network based approaches for Non-Intrusive Load Monitoring View presentation
– Jack Kelly (Imperial College London) / Nikolaus Starzacher (Discovergy) – NILM Competitionm View presenation
14:15 Round Table
– Krish Gomatom (EPRI) – Evaluation metrics & standards View presentation
15:30 Vendor product talks
– Homepulse Watch video I View presentation
– Onzo Watch video I View presentation
– YouKnowWatt Watch video I View presentation
– Green Running Watch video I View presentation
– Bidgely Watch video I View presentation
16:30 Lightening talks Watch video I View presentations
17:00 Posters & demos
Tuesday 18th October 2016
09:00 Coffee & Networking
09:30 Data sets:
– David Murray (University of Strathclyde) – REFIT data set Watch video I View presentation
– Kaibin Bao and Hader Azzini (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) – Preparations to publish the Energy Smart Home Lab Dataset Watch video I View presentation
– Jinsung Kim (Encored) – Towards Practical Implementations of Non Intrusive Load Monitoring View presentation
– B. Nicolle, T.Kien Nguyen (Qualisteo) – How can NILM help perform predictive and curative maintenance? Watch video I View presentation
– Marcel Horstmann (Onzo) – Deep Learning NILM in Production Settings: Confidence, Training Schedules and Scalability Watch video I View presentation
12:00 Lunch Break
13:20 Potential utility applications of NILM
– Bérénice Huquet (EDF R&D) Watch video I View presentation
– Claude Godin (DNVGL) Watch video I View presentation
14:00 Vendor product talks
– Watt-Is Watch video I View presentation
– Informetis Watch video I View presentation
– smartB Watch video I View presentation
– Enetics Watch video I View presentation
– Voltaware Watch video I View presentation
– Midori Watch video I View presentation
15:30 Closing Keynote
– Prof. Bin Yang (University of Stuttgart) View presentation
16:30 Joint summary
17:00 Workshop end
About the NILM Workshop 2016
This year’s workshop is a collaborative effort between the organisers of EU NILM 2014 and EU NILM 2015 and the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI). The aim of the European NILM conference series is to bring together all of the European researchers that are working on the topic of energy disaggregation in both industry and academia. The aim of EPRI is to facilitate a collaborative dialogue between industry stakeholders – manufacturers, utilities and researchers, to create opportunities to enable technology maturation and market adoption of NILM devices in the European market.
The workshop will feature two full days of conference-style material from research and applications, building on the previous European workshops held in London, and EPRI’s workshops held in Palo Alto, CA and Orlando, FL. Please check out our “Call for Presentations” to find out what you can contribute!
Who should attend?
If you are an individual or an organisation interested in energy disaggregation then this is the workshop for you. The workshop is an open forum to encourage collaboration within the field and we welcome all levels of knowledge in this area, even if you are relatively new to NILM. In case you can’t join us in person, we also hope to live-stream the presentations via YouTube to allow for remote viewing. However, we do encourage you to attend so you benefit from the networking opportunities, which offer real value and the ability to meet fellow researchers in the industry.
What is NILM?
NILM stands for Non Intrusive Load Monitoring. This is the process which disaggregates your total energy consumption into the energy readings of an appliance over a period of time, allowing users to see how much power a particular appliance has used during that time.
Date & Venue
Monday 17th – Tuesday 18th October 2016
9.30am – 5pm
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
108 Stamford Street
We would like to thank our sponsors for their support and enabling us to run a successful European NILM Workshop 2016.
The Electric Power Research Institute, Inc. conducts research and development relating to the generation, delivery and use of electricity for the benefit of the public.
Control. Comfort, convenience and cost savings. This is what smart energy products and services in a connected home can give our customers.
Green Running provides a range of products to help you monitor, analyse and manage your energy consumption, enabling you to make savings, lower your carbon footprint and achieve sustainability targets.